Blog Photos

Saturday, November 22, 2008

ahh the distractions...! It's like a jungle in here!

These are my last-ditch efforts to finish up studying for my virology exam on Monday (that's after tomorrow!) And one would think, after my 7 years experience taking exams, that I would know that studying with "Survivor Man" sounds in the background courtesy of my favorite Discovery Channel is just about as feasible as threading a needle on a bus on the perfectly paved roads of our beloved Beirut! I need a break. Here's a great idea! I'll go stretch my legs on a long late afternoon walk to the kitchen and check out what the fridge has in store for tonight... A few apples, an old steak, and not much to drink... owell. On my way back "home" it's getting dark, and I hear faint voices and squeals in the living room. Intrigued, curious, but all too wary and suspicious, I slither up to the door as silently as I can, crack it open (no, it's not squeaky you Hollywood freaks) and spot my mom (who is a teacher) with her 15 year-old private pupil. I could hear the poor little thing squeak and whine, his tiny brain clearly overwhelmed with more french words and metaphors than anyone could possibly and humanly handle. The air is filled with a thick, white fog making visibility a dodgy matter. Oh no wait it's just cigarette smoke... I thought I had smelled something. Just some second hand smoke and cancer to go with your education my son!! enjoy...
I make my way back home with difficulty, after all, it got dark after the long minutes of vivid and adventurous exploration...