Blog Photos

Saturday, February 28, 2009

One thing I remembered...

Picture Taken: Friday, November 21, 2008, 12:38 PM

My last post reminded me of something I wanted to write about a few months back; sort of in the same 'mood'. To your left is a rather large caliber hollow-point bullet that I found embedded in a wall on my balcony at home. I wanted to dislodge it and keep it as a souvenir, but the prospect of it exploding and blowing my fingers away, however unlikely, has persistently kept me from fiddling with it. A nice close-up will have to do...
Who knows where this came from, how far it traveled, who fired it, and what/who it might have hit before it came to rest right outside my room? I don't even know how long it had been there before I noticed it... it could well have been there for decades for all I know, and so all I know is that I'll think twice before I sit outside for a nice peaceful cup of coffee and enjoy my view of the airport and Mediterranean in the distance from now on. Not just in wartime, but also in peace time; maybe someone got married a few kilometers away, maybe someone important spoke on TV, maybe... I don't know!! I mean these seem to be excellent excuses to whip out the old machine gun and shoot up the neighborhood! In good spirit too!
Owell... It's our beloved country again. Smile!

P.S. I asked around, and I still don't know what the 'gunman' was so happy/pissed off about yesterday night... I'll keep you posted.