Blog Photos

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Beginning of The End...

Tuesday June 1st, 2010, the first day of the last year of Medicine. Med IV starts today. Med IV means we're getting close.
I hope it turns out as good as Med III.

Starting out in the family medicine rotation. It turns out i'm first in line (with a colleague) for a PM shift in the ER lasting 7 hours (4:00 pm - 11:00 pm) on the very first day. Rough start!

Blogging from the ER lounge (Where I love the Air Conditioning! Just FREEZING!), I just finished seeing a patient with an elbow injury. First thing that came to mind: I miss the ER! I miss the speed with which things were done; I miss the frantically scribbled less-than-one-paragraph-long notes on board-charts. The patient I just saw was triaged, seen by an attending orthopedic surgeon, 2 residents, and myself, taken down to x-ray and back in just under 20 minutes. As comparison, consider that an out-patient case takes about 2-3 hours to be handled.

I miss it. I do.

Bring it ER! Bring it Med IV!

I want my M.D.